7 Steps for Coating Alkemi Plus Emulsions
- Always wear gloves and glasses when handling emulsions, think safety first.
- Carefully cut open the diazo sensitizer satchet/packet with scissors.
- Empty the diazo sensitizer sachet/packet completely.
- Gently ‘fold’ or stir the diazo sensitizer powder into the emulsion.
- Mix thoroughly using the wooden stirrer supplied. Mix until you can see an even color.
- After mixing, replace the lid and leave for 2 hours to overnight to de-gas.
- It is a good idea to write the date the emulsion was sensitized on the lid of the emulsion.
Automatic Coating With Alkemi Plus Emulsion
- Pour the emulsion slowly into the troughs of the automatic coating machine.
- Always clean the lip to prevent emulsion from drying in.
- Long hair should be covered to reduce possible emulsion contamination.
- The screens must be dry, clean, and well degreased prior to coating with emulsion.
- A slow coating speed will help to reduce air bubbles that can occur in the emulsion.
- Additional coats can be applied to increase the thickness of the emulsion on the mesh, which can increase ink deposit thickness and improve print definition.
- Clean the trough edge immediately after coating.
- The screen should look glossy on the squeegee side following coating.
- Dry the screen thoroughly prior to exposure and use